On 5th of October the society of Abkhazia in connection with the date of the fall of Gagra, gathered in the blue monastery where once again reminded of the tragic events and paid tribute to the victims.
October 1-5, 1992, in spite of the agreement reached in Moscow, separatists and Russian mercenaries carried out ethnic cleansing of the Georgian population Gagra, committed mass executions and brutal slaughter of civilians, burning homes, leaving the indigenous population was forced to leave the city.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS
- In Tbilisi opened the Inter-Parliamentary Forum of Georgia-Moldova-Ukraine
- Georgian Interior Minister went on an official visit to Germany
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba
Latest from Irakli Gagua
- Mikheil Saakashvili: “There is no alternative to the Euro-Atlantic course for the future of our country”
- The President of Georgia and the candidate for Prime Minister made joint statements
- Saakashvili: The freedom and the future of Georgia will be determined on October 1st.
- “We Remember” Online Exhibition and candlelight vigil set for September 27
- The President of Georgia has left for his official visit to The United States