The 20th meeting of the Georgian-Azerbaijan Coordinating Council was held in Baku. The Georgian delegation was headed by the Minister of Economy - Deputy Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili,Azerbaijan was headed by Minister of Transport Ziya Mammadov. The parties discussed a number of issues relating to the construction of the railway section Marabda-Kartsakhi and the pace of construction works.
Construction of the segment Marabda-Kartsakhi of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway was begun in 2008. Letting of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway in operation is scheduled for 2015, and the test train will pass through this railway line at the end of this year.
The Ministers emphasized the international importance of the railway line, and also discussed the prospects for economic development of the region within the framework of this project.
- In Tbilisi opened the Inter-Parliamentary Forum of Georgia-Moldova-Ukraine
- Georgian FlyVista will launch flights between Tbilisi and Kiev from August, 28
- From September in Georgia will be two parliamentary capitals
- United States Embassy in Georgia temporarily suspended the issuance of visas
- Inauguration of the new president of Georgia will take place on November, 17 in Tbilisi