Deputies of the Parliament of Georgia from autumn will work simultaneously in Tbilisi and Kutaisi, said a member of the parliamentary majority Manana Kobakhidze.
According to Kobakhidze parliamentary sessions will be held in the new building in Kutaisi, and offices and committee hearings - in old building in Tbilisi.
"The parliamentary session will be held in Kutaisi on Wednesday and Friday. As for the meetings of the bureau, committee hearings, and varieties of activities, including meetings with citizens - will be held in Tbilisi. Overall, the work and the life of the parliament will be in Tbilisi" - said Kobahidze.
Representatives of the parliamentary minority of "United National Movement", which, as in the past, that was ruling party achieved to move the parliament to Kutaisi, they believe that the separation of the two cities will lead to additional costs.
"The parliamentary majority has done everything possible that Kutaisi did not obtain of being parliamentary city. Up today, you can congratulate the members of the parliamentary majority - they will have two working cabinets, in western Georgia - Kutaisi, and in eastern Georgia – Tbilisi, said the representative of the United National Movement.
- In Tbilisi opened the Inter-Parliamentary Forum of Georgia-Moldova-Ukraine
- Georgian Interior Minister went on an official visit to Germany
- Pentagon chief left Georgia
- "Dnepravia" suspends flights from Kharkiv to Tbilisi and Batumi
- Georgian Orthodox Church celebrates the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mariamoba